Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

THE DEVIL INSIDE - The Positive Review You've Been Waiting For!

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

Re: THE DEVIL INSIDE - The Positive Review You've Been Waiting For!

New postby JohnCarpenterfan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Well I was on the fence about seeing this one and after reading Matt's honest opinion of it I am definitely skipping this one. The trailers made it look so tight and scary though. What happened?
JohnCarpenterfan
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 10
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Werewolf

New postby Matt_Molgaard » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Dimiter wrote:Reason for the open ending is because if this does well at the box office (which it looks to do), this will be turned into a franchise, ala, Paranormal Activity. I personally gave this film a "C"

I can see your comparison, but at least PA gave us SOMETHING. A good franchise set up and follow through should, in my opinion, showcase films strong enough to stand alone, yet carry a quality continuity that works for the franchise set up and continuation. This one just...skipped the whole finale. Still completely and utterly baffled. I VERY, VERY rarely go against my gut on a film (unless its assigned to cover) and when I do, I really like to be proven wrong and receive a piece of quality work. When I go against my gut, and my gut regurgitates some tasty stomach acid after the experience is over due to its displeasure with my lack of trust, it sucks ass.

I could have put ten dollars worth of gas in my car instead of wasting it on that shit lol
Matt_Molgaard
Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant

Headlines: 380
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Welcome to primetime bitch!

New postby mordrid99 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

I know I am jumping into a thread a few days without a post but wanted to toss my opinion in. I am in the minority here but I completely agree with DaShape here. I found the movie well made, entertaining, thought provoking and I was a huge fan of the ending. It ended exactly how I thought it should. There shouldnt be a resolution for this type of movie. Everyone died, that was the resolution. It was a found footage movie. It was what I was expecting and I wasnt disappointed.
mordrid99
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Zombie
XBox Live Gamertag: mordrid99

New postby kizzle » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 pm

i just bought this movie yesterday... ill watch it tonight and give you my opinion on it. I saw it in theatres but that was a while ago.
kizzle
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 6
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "Welp, we're fucked"
Previous

Return to Horror Movie Reviews