Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

You Think You Know The Story, I'm Pretty Sure You Don't! "The Cabin In The Woods" (Review)

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

Re: You Think You Know The Story, I'm Pretty Sure You Don't! "The Cabin In The Woods" (Rev

New postby ImmortalSidneyP » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:57 am

REALLY liked it. It's definitely strange, but that's a big part of what I like about it. And, c'mon, it's Joss Whedon, who didn't expect high strangeness? I like it more the more I think about it, too. So many layers. So many easter eggs for hardcore horror fans.

I wouldn't say it's TERRIFYING, but it's at least as scary as a lot of other entries in the genre, and it really takes its surprises and twists to the max. Even when you can tell SOME kind of surprise is coming, you'll likely be wrong about what form it will take. I may even bump another movie off my 25 favorite horror movies countdown to make room on the list for "Cabin In the Woods". MAYBE. I have to see it again to be sure.

But hey, even the fact that I want to see it again is a pretty good endorsement, I guess. I know some people are confused by this movie on some level or another, but it all went down pretty smooth for me. It messes with you, but I feel like it also lets you in on all its secrets by the end, in one way or another. Though I also have a feeling a second viewing will reveal even more. Definitely original, definitely smart, and sure to be influential.
ImmortalSidneyP
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 51
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?"

Re: You Think You Know The Story, I'm Pretty Sure You Don't! "The Cabin In The Woods" (Rev

New postby Kidtut » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:32 pm

This was the best film I've seen in theaters in a Long time. I loved the many nods to Evil Dead (Did anyone else notice "Angry Molesting Tree" on that whiteboard?), Hellraiser, and Lovecraft. (Possible Spoilers from here) Some of the creatures were awesome, like a "Pain-worshipping Zombie Family", Giant Spiders, Snakes, Evil Clowns, More Zombies, Ghosts, Robots, Masked Lawyers, Ancient Gods and more. Let's not forget the cast, The Virgin, Athlete, Scholar, Whore, and Fool (the "Fool" is the best, providing comic relief, usually though the use of his giant bong...). Of course all Hell breaks loose at the end, making me a happy camper (no pun intended). Even with all this, the thing that disturbed me the most was the celebrations held by the staff... :plastered: Overall I thought it was great, although it's completely impossible to not sound like a raving lunatic while describing what happens! :HellYeah:
Kidtut
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 8
Favorite Quote: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

New postby reelybored » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 am

I rather enjoyed this film, while there were things borrowed from other films, i would say that it was different and made for a great movie experience. I waited for this one for some time and after all the hype thought it would disappoint but I am glad to say that it didn't (at least not for me).

My entire review would be too long to post here but I have an entire The Cabin the Woods review up on my site if you are inclined to give it read - http://reelybored.com/reviews-2/the-cab ... or-review/
reelybored
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Ghost/Haunt

New postby darkerdays » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I saw a night showing of "Cabin" last night, and I really enjoyed it. There's something about the movie that I've always wanted to do, and to see that someone has thought of it and made it before I have kind of sucked, but the movie was completely amazing, and I loved it. Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods is a movie that will stand the test of time, and it's its own subgenre in horror.
darkerdays
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Thriller

New postby kizzle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Seeing it tonight at 8! Im ecsatic!
kizzle
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 6
Favorite Quote: "Welp, we're fucked"

New postby kizzle » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:16 pm

yeah... wow is all i can say. I mean i was just.... wow lol. Its def one of the greatest ones ive seen since insidious id say
kizzle
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 6
Favorite Quote: "Welp, we're fucked"

New postby DeadMou$e5 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 am

That movie was great. It was not a graphic slasher or even a deep striking psychological horror film. It was just a fun film that played on viewer's expectations. I will be watching this again.
DeadMou$e5
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Exploitation
Favorite Quote: “They’re us. We’re them and they’re us.”
PreviousNext

Return to Horror Movie Reviews