Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
CABIN FEVER Is Set To Be Remade! Details Inside
Most of you know that CABIN FEVER (2002) is a great Horror film which was directed by Eli…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

You Think You Know The Story, I'm Pretty Sure You Don't! "The Cabin In The Woods" (Review)

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

Re: You Think You Know The Story, I'm Pretty Sure You Don't! "The Cabin In The Woods" (Rev

New postby gummi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 am

I've been curious about this movie since first seeing that poster, but now that I'm hearing some of your comments I'm actually excited to see it. I've avoided reading any details about the plot or otherwise, so I'll be going in blind, which sounds like the way to go. I see that it got an 86% from the top critics on Rotten Tomatoes. I wouldn't have expected that from this type of movie.
gummi
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 3

Re: You Think You Know The Story, I'm Pretty Sure You Don't! "The Cabin In The Woods" (Rev

New postby Disturbed_voices » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:08 am

One of the cleverest horror films I've seen in a while. It manages to be original, funny, surprising and just plain, strange! I came out of the theater feeling stupid and just mind blown!
Disturbed_voices
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 1

New postby JaneDoe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:14 am

This is one of the movies I have waited to see in 2012. You hear all the hype, and you get a little excited. Being a horror movie fan, when you hear something new comes out in the genre, something different, well, you get a little excited. It IS different, but, for some reason, it did not surprise me with it's twists
JaneDoe
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 1
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Found Footage
Favorite Quote: Ahh!! Using the whole fist, Doc?!

New postby indygogo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 am

I definitely liked this, I'm just not sure how much. I spent most of the film trying to figure out where it was going instead of sitting there and enjoying the ride. I def plan to see it again and maybe soon. The cast was a great time and the performances were all a notch above your standard horror movie fare.
indygogo
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 8
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 am

This movie takes the horror genre and flips it on its head. What could easily have been a run-of-the-mill slasher fest turns into something much more sinister and thought-provoking. Not as amazing as some have touted it to be, but it's clever and intriguing.
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532

New postby dcabot86 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 am

I found this to be an immensely enjoyable horror film. While it's not the be all end all of horror films, it's exactly what I wanted. I'm actually not a fan of Whedon but found this to be a perfect blend of satire, comedy and horror. The scares and creepy moments are well earned and the performances are all really good. Fran Kranz steals the show and Bradley Whitford is great as is Richard Jenkins.

A lot of people have been saying the CGI is awful and that the ending isn't explained.... it's explained enough that it made sense to me. I hate that people need a definitive explanation spelled out all the time. I personally love the classics where there isn't a neat tidy ending. In the original Halloween we have no idea why Michael is the way he is and why he's unstoppable. All we need to know is that's the way he is and it works.

Now, the CGI was a little shoddy in certain parts but I can't help but think that that's what they were going for.... I dug all the references (And there were alot!!)

Overall, awesome movie. Horror fans who bitch about a lack of originality owe it to themselves to see this at least once on the big screen. And I really want that damn bong.......
dcabot86
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: They're all dead, they just don't know it yet

New postby sickkgirl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 pm

After watching this film today I think it's just shot up into my top horror films ever. It was truely a work of art and I was blown away by literally every single aspect of it. The last act was so intensem loved every second and wished it would never end!
sickkgirl
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 12
Favorite Sub-Genre: Found Footage
PreviousNext

Return to Horror Movie Reviews