Reviews seem to point out that "Prometheus" is a true "Alien" prequel, and doesn't just contain "Alien" DNA like Scott has been saying. The film is being touted as "intelligent sci-fi," but is not as tense as "Alien" and not as exciting as "Aliens."
"Prometheus" is set to hit US theaters on June 8th.
* WhatCulture: A thrilling sci-fi spectacle that should have series fans discussing it for years to come. (9/10)
* Empire: You'll leave with an empty feeling inside. (6/10)
* TotalFilm: "Prometheus" is very good. Easily the saga’s most spectacular entry.
* The Guardian: It lacks the central killer punch of "Alien." (6/10)
* The Telegraph: Majestic to look at and full of tentacular mayhem. (8/10)
* THR: More imaginative boldness would have taken it further.
* MovieCityNews: The best film of the summer so far.
* The Sun: Breaths life back into intelligent sci-fi.
* ScreenDaily: Intelligent and visceral film-making.