Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…

Review - WRONG TURN (2003)

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

Review - WRONG TURN (2003)

New postby Corpsegrinder » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:39 pm

"Something Strange is
Happening Deep In The
Woods... But No One's
Lived To Tell About It."

Hey all,

I just finished watching the film "Wrong Turn" by Twentieth Century Fox and decided to make a review for it.

Before I start, the quote at the top is off of the back of my Blu-ray box and I may add in some of the quotes from it on here.

Case Description:

An indescribable nightmare begins when a group of young friends is stranded on an isolated road deep in the Appalachian hills of West Virginia, with no hope of rescue. Desperate and fearing for their lives, the horror surges as they find themselves relentlessly pursued by a force of evil beyond their imagination! Featuring a hip ensemble of young stars, including Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Eliza Dushku, this blood-curdling epic is a shock-a-minute horror rush that will leave you screaming for more!

First off, whoever wrote this is over exaggerating, the movie is good but not as much as I anticipated after reading this... :roll:

Summarization:

Chris Flynn is driving his car for a job interview in another city. However, an accident with a trunk transporting chemical products blocks the highway and Chris looks for an alternative route through the mountains of West Virginia to accomplish his schedule. Due to a lack of attention, he crashes another car parked in the middle of the road with flat tires. Chris meets a group of five friends, who intended to camp in the forest, and they decide to leave the couple Francine and Evan on the place, while Chris, Jessie, Carly and her fiancé Scott tries to find some help. They find a weird cabin in the middle of nowhere, where three violent cannibalistic mountain men with the appearance of monsters live. The two couples try to escape from the mountain men while chased by them. (from IMDb)

Review:

This movie was great but had a few flaws, the film itself looked pretty low budget and some of the camera angles just didn't fit. I expected a lot more from the movie because of the description on the back of the Blu-ray case. This movie should be classified as more of a thriller rather than horror. It did have shocking moments but there were few, because what happened was pretty predictable. I think that on the following movies, 20th Century and the producers got their materials a little bit more together, improving the quality and scare tactics. I give this movie props, because of how original the ideas were but I still think it could be done better.

I give this movie a 6.5 out of 10.

Corpsegrinder
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 6
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Review - WRONG TURN (2003)

New postby kizzle » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 am

Not alot of ppl like this movie. Ill admit its one of my guilty pleasures. Yeah its ripped off so many movies like TCM, Deliverance, etc but it still brings in some good scenes and is an enjoyable watch for me.
kizzle
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Quote: "Welp, we're fucked"

New postby Corpsegrinder » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 am

kizzle wrote:Not alot of ppl like this movie. Ill admit its one of my guilty pleasures. Yeah its ripped off so many movies like TCM, Deliverance, etc but it still brings in some good scenes and is an enjoyable watch for me.

I agree that its enjoyable... after all I bought it used from 7-11 for $4.00.... Its definitely worth adding to the collection. :evilpumpkin: :plastered:
Corpsegrinder
Stalker:
Stalker:

New postby aceofspades70 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:54 am

I liked the movie. Yes, similar to others...but what isn't.
aceofspades70
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 32

New postby Corpsegrinder » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:10 pm

aceofspades70 wrote:I liked the movie. Yes, similar to others...but what isn't.

John Carpenter's Halloween? :evilpumpkin: :Boogeyman: :RIR: :TEASING:

I kid, I kid.... Yeah, I have to agree with you... The inbred side of things is pretty original if you ask me though. :plastered:
Corpsegrinder
Stalker:
Stalker:

Return to Horror Movie Reviews