Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
The Newest Addition To The Elm Street Prequel KRUEGER Is Here!
There are a lot of fans out there that are curious as to what all went on in Freddy Kruege…
The Upcoming Miniseries ROSEMARY'S BABY Has A Brand New Trailer!
If you are in the market for some new Horror to watch on your television, you should enjoy…

Kidnapped from the Inside Out (Review)

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

Kidnapped from the Inside Out (Review)

New postby Madloomis78 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 am

So I just finished watching the film Kidnapped, and I have to say, I didn't see that coming, no matter how post modern it is, and how trained in the post modern I think I am. The story is simple, somewhat reminiscent of another foreign film Funny Games, or a local favorite, The Strangers; a Madrid couple and their daughter, the night after moving into their new home, are invaded by criminals, masked and seemingly dangerous.

You wonder if the criminals want more than the family's money. We are less than fifteen minutes in and they have collected jewelry, credit cards, contents of the safe. One masked madman takes the father out to collect money from everyone's ATM. It is while they are out that the plot picks up, action also. The daughter's boyfriend pushes the doorbell, a surprise and inherent danger for the masked criminals, and so they bring him in, meanwhile the mother and daughter escape to a room and lock the door. The poor boyfriend is used as a reason for them to come out, gun to his head, and on the count of three... (well, let's not spoil the fun).

Because I don't have time to write a full-fledged review, and mostly because I want you, the reader, to go get on Netflix right now and watch this film, I'm not going to go any further. But I will leave you with some keywords to spark your interest further... car wreck, rape, guns, blood, cop's blood, crying, escape, forgiveness, awe, jaw-dropped extravaganza. Ok folks, really, go and watch this and tell me what you think.

Madloomis78
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 28
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Exploitation
Favorite Quote: "... Purely and simply, evil."
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Return to Horror Movie Reviews