Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
The Newest Addition To The Elm Street Prequel KRUEGER Is Here!
There are a lot of fans out there that are curious as to what all went on in Freddy Kruege…
The Upcoming Miniseries ROSEMARY'S BABY Has A Brand New Trailer!
If you are in the market for some new Horror to watch on your television, you should enjoy…

Ghoulies III, C.H.U.D. II, 976-EVIL 2 & More On DVD For The First Time In New 8-Movie Pack

Bookmark and Share

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD or Blu-ray releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself should be saved for the correct category.

Ghoulies III, C.H.U.D. II, 976-EVIL 2 & More On DVD For The First Time In New 8-Movie Pack

New postby NatBrehmer » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College, C.H.U.D. II: Bud the CHUD, 976-EVIL 2, Class of 1999, and The Unholy are all hitting DVD for the first time in a new Horror 8-Movie Pack along with Slaughter High, Chopping Mall and the R-Rated cut of Waxwork, which will also be seen on DVD for the first time. Many of these films are not films that were ever expected to hit DVD and while the R-Rated cut of Waxwork is less gory than the recently available version, its an interesting comparison to look over. For fans of the Ghoulies series (they do exist, right?) this means that the entire series is now available to own on DVD.

Either way, for $5 in a Walmart bin, this is absolutely a great deal, as people have been buying bootlegs of the aforementioned titles for some time now.

The set hit last week and should be making its way slowly but surely through Walmart and other cheap DVD retailers everywhere. Most of the films are reportedly presented in full-screen transfers straight from the original VHS (which should not be a surprise) while CHUD II: Bud the CHUD sees a surprising widescreen presentation.
NatBrehmer
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 19
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Foreign
Favorite Quote: "We have such sights to show you."
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Ghoulies III, C.H.U.D. II, 976-EVIL 2 & More On DVD For The First Time In New 8-Movie

New postby DoubleshotJ » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

I Have been looking for that set for a week now. It hasn't hit my Walmart yet but hopefully soon. I'm also looking for the Blood Diner one.
DoubleshotJ
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
XBox Live Gamertag: DoubleshotJ

Re: Ghoulies III, C.H.U.D. II, 976-EVIL 2 & More On DVD For The First Time In New 8-Movie

New postby ObscureCinema101 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:40 am

Found the Blood Diner one at the very bottom of the $5 barrel. It was worth the hunt.
ObscureCinema101
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 106
Favorite Quote: "I kick ass for the Lord!"

New postby Warrior DVD Sells » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:25 am

I went to my Walmart super center tonight and searched through 3 bins and on the racks, I couldn't find either movie packs. People on Amazon and eBay are charging $20+ them. :HOLY SHNIKES:
Anyone have any ideas how I can get a hold of these movie packs? :evilpumpkin:
Thanks!
Warrior DVD Sells
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Engaged

New postby horrorlord » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 am

I found this at Walmart at the end of last month and since I had been wanting to see these great movies on dvd I was happy.I watched the Unholy,Slaughter High and Chopping mall for the first time last week and I was very impressed with how great those films were.Ghoulies 3 and 976-Evil 2 are great films but i haven't made my way back to those series's yet so i put im going to watch them again when i do.I had to watch them on bootleg dvds since at that time they weren't released.Hopefully Liongate will continue to put these 8 packs out with more classic 80's horror films.I would like to see the horror show (House III) and House IV in a future set if they own the distibution right to those films.
horrorlord
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 18

New postby CZW_CJBecker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

I have 2 of the six packs with "Blood Diner", "Parents", "Earth Girls Are Easy", "Sundown", "Fido", & "Boy Eats Girl" for sale if anyone is looking for them. I'm getting laid off at the end of the month so any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/behr948/m.html?item=160720933865&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p4340.l2562
CZW_CJBecker
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 98

New postby theshining1408 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:19 pm

With this release it really has gotten my hopes up that the rest of the long awaited classics and not so classic movies will be released in similar comiplations. I was really stoked to finally get my hands on a copy of this on Ebay (not bootleg) for 8.00. Been waiting a long time to see Ghoulies 3 on dvd and here it is finally...not so great movie but still cracks me up. A list of films i'd love to see released like this are: Terrorvision, The Lurking Fear, Trilogy Of Terror 2, Witchboard 2, The Guardian, House 4 , The Keep and when the eff!!!!! will we see a dvd release of Rawhead Rex??? Love that movie.
theshining1408
New User:
New User:

Relationship: In Relationship
XBox Live Gamertag: theshining1408
Favorite Quote: Thrill Me!!

Return to DVD/Blu-rays