Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

The Full Specs For THE FUNHOUSE Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD Have Been Announced!

Bookmark and Share

Discussion of current and upcoming DVD or Blu-ray releases, technical specifications only. Film discussion itself should be saved for the correct category.

The Full Specs For THE FUNHOUSE Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD Have Been Announced!

New postby Brian Massey » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Another cult classic is coming our way this Halloween from Scream Factory's upcoming horror line which now has me convinced that I should refinance my house so I can afford to get every stinky title that's been announced thus far! Read on for the full set of specs on this jam packed collector's edition.

THE FUNHOUSE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD

Director Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist) pays affectionate tribute to various classic horror movies in this tale of two teenage couples who spend the night in a sleazy carnival funhouse.

On her first date with Buzz (Cooper Huckabee, True Blood), Amy (Elizabeth Berridge, Amadeus) disobeys her father and goes to the carnival with Richie (Miles Chapin, Hair) and Liz (Largo Woodruff), but their first date may end up as their last. After witnessing a murder, the four terrified teens are trapped in the maze of the funhouse and stalked by a real monster, a horribly deformed killer who lurks among the freakish exhibits to butcher them one by one. Also stars Sylvia Miles (Midnight Cowboy) and Kevin Conway (in three roles). Featuring special makeup designs by Academy Award®-winner Rick Baker (An American Werewolf In London, Ed Wood).

Elizabeth Berridge, Cooper Huckabee, Miles Chaplin, Sylvia Miles, William Finley, Kevin Conway as The Barker in THE FUNHOUSE

Written by Larry Block; directed by Tobe Hooper; produced by Derek Power and Steven Bernhardt; executive producers, Mace Neufeld and Mark Lester.

Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS Master Audio 5.1/1981/Color/96 minutes

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER: Order the Blu-ray or DVD directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork! Less than 500 have been made, so these are only available while supplies last.

It should also be noted that the Blu-ray version will feature a reversible wrap (pictured below), which means you can take out our newly commissioned artwork and flip it around if you'd prefer to have the original theatrical art showing.

Read more @: ShoutFactoryStore.com or ScreamFactoryDVD.com.

THE FUNHOUSE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD Special Features:

• Audio Commentary with Director Tobe Hooper, moderated by filmmaker Tim Sullivan
  • The Barker Speaks!: An interview with actor Kevin Conway
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes: An all-new interview with Executive Producer Mark L. Lester
  • Carnival Music: An interview with Composer John Beal
  • Audio Interview with actor William Finley
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Original Theatrical Trailer, TV & Radio Spots

Look for The Funhouse Collectors Edition to street on 10/16/2012.

Source: Shout Factory Store
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Full Specs For THE FUNHOUSE Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD Have Been Announced!

New postby Dimiter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Maybe Anchor Bay should take a page out of Scream Factory's, book. Hopefully these guys won't re-nig on any of this. Not sure about they're reputation, as I have never purchased anything from them.
Dimiter
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Thriller
Favorite Quote: Ego te absolvo

Re: The Full Specs For THE FUNHOUSE Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD Have Been Announced!

New postby Madloomis78 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:43 am

I'm pretty excited about this. I agree with the above statement that Anchor Bay should take note. The artwork is killer and I'm going to just say now that it alone is a great reason to purchase. I've never heard a Tobe Hooper commentary... any good?
Madloomis78
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 28
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Exploitation
Favorite Quote: "... Purely and simply, evil."

Return to DVD/Blu-rays