Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Inspired By True Events Comes HOUSE OF DUST - See The Trailer Here!
Redding House Asylum. For some, it is a reminder of a different time when medical treatmen…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…

UPDATE: "The Bates Motel" Will Deliver "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale For "PSYCHO" Prequel

Bookmark and Share

HBO, Showtime, SyFy, FearNet, Chiller, AMC and the list goes on and on. What horror related shows do you watch and love?

UPDATE: "The Bates Motel" Will Deliver "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale For "PSYCHO" Prequel

New postby zombie10 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:50 pm

UPDATE: Some more information released about the "Bates Motel".

"Bates Motel" is a present-day telling of the "formative years of Norman Bates, [his] relationship with his mother, Norma, and the world they inhabit," said the official statement. "Viewers will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand how Norma helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all."

"Psycho" is widely credited with giving rise to the "slasher" horror genre with its tale of a lonely owner of a desolate motel who's responsible for a string of murders.

With all of the recent success with horror on TV, networks are starting to see what people want. But is a show based on Alfred Hitchcock's classic Psycho what we want?

That's right, A&E announced they will be creating a television series set to be a prequel to the 1960 classic.The show is entitled Bates Motel and will give us a better look into the mind of one of the original slashers,Norman Bates.

Here's what A&E announced: Bates Motel serves as a prequel to the most famous fright film of all-time, Psycho. A&E is currently in script development. Bates Motel will give viewers an intimate understanding of how Norman Bates' psyche developed from his childhood through his teen years. Fans will have access to the dark, twisted back-story and learn first hand how his mother, Norma, and her lover damaged Norman, helping forge the most well-known serial killing motel owner in history.

Haven't we seen this before? That's right, after the failed 1987 pilot for the same titled show following the path of one, Norman Bates.

Do you think its a smart idea to resurrect to Psycho world or just leave it be?

Source: STYD.com
zombie10
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 138
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: I came to chew bubblegum and kickass
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: A&E Brings Us Back To The Bates Motel For "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale!

New postby DoubleshotJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Psycho 4 explained the back story pretty good. In my opinion Psycho died with Anthony Perkins. If they do it I hope they don't mess it up. Psycho is pretty much my favorite horror film.
DoubleshotJ
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
XBox Live Gamertag: DoubleshotJ

Re: A&E Brings Us Back To The Bates Motel For "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale!

New postby UberJason78 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:58 am

I agree 100% with you, DoubleshotJ, Anthony Perkins was the one and only Norman Bates, and if they try to make a new series, it better be something good. Yes Psycho IV was a very good explanation for the backgroundstory of our favorite Motel-runner, so I don't see how they can make a whole series about that history...seems a bit pointless.
The pilot movie Bates Motel, I haven't seen that one, but honestly, I don't really think it's a necessary film.
I am curious though, who will be portaying Norman...I hope it's someone we haven't seen in other series before.
UberJason78
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Favorite Quote: Shut your hole honey, mine's making money

Re: A&E Brings Us Back To The Bates Motel For "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale For "PSYCHO" Prequ

New postby Nokturnas » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:18 pm

I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lol
Nokturnas
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 1
Favorite Sub-Genre: Ghost/Haunt

Re: A&E Brings Us Back To The Bates Motel For "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale For "PSYCHO" Prequ

New postby 1428Elm » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I think it sounds cool! I will watch! The only issue is that some TV shows are watered down. I hope this one is not!!
1428Elm
New User:
New User:

New postby Johnny Bisco » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 am

Nokturnas wrote:I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lol

thou shalt not bring up that god awful piece of shit remake on this board ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco
Slasher Legend:
Slasher Legend:

Headlines: 4
Favorite Quote: It's them damn enchiladas!

New postby buried13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 am

Johnny Bisco wrote:
Nokturnas wrote:I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lol

thou shalt not bring up that god awful piece of shit remake on this board ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! If you check out my recent review of the original Psycho, I felt the need to implement the remake with a brief blurb towards the end, but only to disgrace Vince Vaughn's sub-par reenactment of a horror icon.
buried13
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 27
Favorite Quote: "Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?"
Next

Return to Television