Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

Not All Horror Movie Slashers Are Caucasian!

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Not All Horror Movie Slashers Are Caucasian!

New postby BloodyAdored » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

We all know and love the white slashers Freddy, Jason, and Michael, who all happen to be Caucasian. In fact, I noticed, most of the slashers we see these days are Caucasian. Why is this? I know white people can be pretty crazy but come on! There must be some more slashers out in the horror world of different skin colors! I say it's time for us to highlight some slashers who are not white and happen to kick major ass! Please add to the list if you think of any others!

Candyman/ Daniel Robitaille

We were first introduced to Candyman in the 1992 horror movie Candyman, who appears when you say is name three times in a mirror with a hook hand.

Plasterhead/ Ray Williams

This slasher is less known to the horror community, but he is not to be over looked. Plasterhead is in the 2006 horror movie Plasterhead which can be easily found and watch on Netflix. Plasterhead was a truck driver who was brutally beaten to death; however, rumors roll of Plasterhead is living within the trees and is looking for revenge.

Black Devil Doll

The Black Devil Doll came to us from the 2007 horror movie Black Devil Doll with an afro, knife, and eerie ventriloquist doll body. Pretty much this doll just runs around killing a bunch of very horny, half naked, white chicks.

As you can tell with only having three slashers on my list, I need your help! Post some more slashers below! They can be black, asian, italian, spanish, anything!

*Please note I do NOT mean for this post to be racist towards any race!*
Last edited by BloodyAdored on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 97
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Splatter
Favorite Quote: "Shut up and bleed"
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Not All Horror Movie Slashers Are Caucasian!

New postby Madloomis78 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:01 am

A very good point! Just as there aren't many black slashers or villains in the genre, there are also a limited amount of black protagonists in the genre. Does Ray(Shawn Wayons) from Scary Movie count?
Madloomis78
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 28
Favorite Sub-Genre: Exploitation
Favorite Quote: "... Purely and simply, evil."

New postby BloodyAdored » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:12 am

Madloomis78 wrote:A very good point! Just as there aren't many black slashers or villains in the genre, there are also a limited amount of black protagonists in the genre. Does Ray(Shawn Wayons) from Scary Movie count?

I believe he does! Great addition!
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

New postby SuperSeanski » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 pm

You might want to get a different pic of Candyman, the one your using is the drug dealer not the killer.

I almost put a joke about you thinking all black people look alike, but my sarcasm never comes across right when I type it :BangingHead: (there needs to be a special sarcasm font).
SuperSeanski
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy

New postby BloodyAdored » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

SuperSeanski wrote:You might want to get a different pic of Candyman, the one your using is the drug dealer not the killer.

No you are right! I was just looking for a picture quickly and didn't even think of it when I found that picture! Thank you!
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

New postby M. K. Summerford » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Ragdoll (black)Image

Leprechaun (irish)Image
M. K. Summerford
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: You're all doomed!

Return to Horror Movie Talk