Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

*Not An April Fool's Joke* Platinum Dunes in Talks For The Next 'Halloween'

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of May, 2012

Re: *Not An April Fool's Joke* Platinum Dunes in Talks For The Next 'Halloween'

New postby Moon » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:03 am

Yeah. Having two reboots of Halloween is fucking rediculous..As I said, I liked Zombie's remakes, and I guess if people are going to go on and on about how much they hate them, they can just go rewatch the original Halloween movies on DVD again..I fucking hate The Cave and the new Hellraiser movie, but I don't obsess on them. I pretend they don't exist. But, anyway, having 2 reboots is rediculous. I hated the Nightmare on Elmstreet reboot, maybe some one else should do that one over...Fuck, instead of sequels, why don't movie companies just remake every horror movie every few years..Until we have hundreds of versions of Halloween, and we call all argue about which reboot sucked the most..This is fucking absurd.

Oh, and I just got back from seeing Cabin in the Woods, and it was nice to see a movie that was not a remake and had some original ideas..I want to see more of that..Not more and more remakes. I am happy with the original Halloween and some of it's sequels and Zombie's Halloween films..Fuck Platinum Dunes and their reboot.
Moon
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0

New postby FB92 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 pm

fight4fire wrote:
FB92 wrote:Oh no please no.. enoguh with the god damn remakes... keep with the classic horror films and do not remake them just to make money! if the new generation does not like the classic horrors then tough fucken luck to them. they weren't made for attention seekers who can't appreciate great horror.

Your 20yrs old. You are the new generation! Quit going to see the remakes if you dont like them. pretty simple. Some of us, however, enjoy going to see the remakes. I personally enjoy seeing the famous icons live on and on. I hope they out last me! While the remakes may not live up to what the originals mean to us, they are still good horror movies.
If you sit back and really think about it, the originals werent great movies when you compare them to todays standards. The acting sucked in most of them, there were holes in the story line in all of them. Half the kills were done off camera with very little gore. However, they were what we grew up on. the originals are what captured us as kids during a sleep over with friends. Its no different then music now days. personally I hate the new music and think 80's music is the best. but thats cause its what i grew up on. Im not sure what someone in their 20's grew up on. Scream? maybe....
Halloween H20? Transformers? The "new generation" as you call it will always place different standards on movies than the ones who grew up on the originals. thats just how it is.
remakes arent going anywhere. I suggest those that dont want to see them, stay home and watch american idol or pop the original movies in their blu ray and watch them for the 10,000th time.

So you're a fan of some of the remakes where the actors can't even act in. Fine with me.
FB92
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher

New postby fight4fire » Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 pm

what!
Last edited by fight4fire on Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fight4fire
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Ghost/Haunt
Favorite Quote: sometimes.....dead is better

New postby fight4fire » Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

So you're a fan of some of the remakes where the actors can't even act in. Fine with me.[/quote]

Dude, are you serious? watch all the evil dead's and the old f13 movies. the acting in all those was terrible! great movies! i grew up on them. but bad bad acting. you can be a dumb ass but it doesnt mean you have to write dumb ass shit!
fight4fire
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Ghost/Haunt
Favorite Quote: sometimes.....dead is better
Previous

Return to May/2012