Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
CABIN FEVER Is Set To Be Remade! Details Inside
Most of you know that CABIN FEVER (2002) is a great Horror film which was directed by Eli…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

Did "Prometheus" End Guillermo Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness" Project?

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of May, 2012

Did "Prometheus" End Guillermo Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness" Project?

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Some interesting news coming from WorstPreviews.com about "Prometheus" and how it may have killed Guillermo Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness", check it out below,

Guillermo Del Toro has been talking about bringing HP Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" to the big screen for a while. At one point, Universal Pictures was interested and so was Tom Cruise (lead actor) and James Cameron (producer), but Del Toro refused to back down from an R rating. And since the budget was around $150 million, Universal had no choice but to give up on the project.

Del Toro then took "At the Mountains of Madness" to other studios. But now comes word that the helmer won't purse the film any longer, mostly because Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" is too similar.

"Same premise. Scenes that would be almost identical. Both movies seem to share identical set pieces and the exact same BIG REVELATION (twist) at the end," Del Toro revealed. "'Prometheus' started filming a while ago. The title itself gave me pause - knowing that 'ALIEN' was heavily influenced by Lovecraft and his novella. I assumed the Greek metaphor alluded at the creation aspects of the HPL book. I believe I am right and if so, this will probably mark a long pause - if not the demise - of ['At the Mountain of Madness']."

Read more: http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?i ... z1uCzFNHGM

Source: DelToroFilms, CBM
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Return to May/2012