Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

Here's Our First Up-Close Look At The Walking Dead's Michonne!!

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of May, 2012

Here's Our First Up-Close Look At The Walking Dead's Michonne!!

New postby Brian Massey » Wed May 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Chances are if you've read Robert Kirkman's comic The Walking Dead, then you already know all about the katana-wielding warrior known as Michonne, but if your not a comic nerd like some of us are - but a fan of the show - then you're gonna find out exactly who "the woman under the hood" that appeared at the season 2 finale of TWD is.

The fan favorite from The Walking Dead comic book will be played by actress Danai Gurira (Treme) when the show returns for season 3 this October, and all props go to Entertainment Weekly for providing us with our very first taste of what this badass charater will look like.

In the comics Michonne is an unflinching warrior who proves to be powerful ally for Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors. But how different will the onscreen version be? “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne — remains intact from the comics,” says Kirkman, “but like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up-to-speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”

As for why they cast the relatively unknown Danai Gurira for the pivotal role, Kirkman says, “We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.”

Kirkman is equally enthusiastic about the big location setting for season 3, as Rick and company attempt to turn a prison into their new zombie-proof fortress. “It looks absolutely amazing,” gushes Kirkman. “They are shooting the hell out of this prison. It just looks absolutely stunning, and I think when people start seeing trailers and stuff for this season, I think people are just gonna be like, “Wait, what? This is what? I can’t believe this is a TV show!” It’s really creepy, really moody and it’s just gonna be really awesome.”

Source: EW
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Here's Our First Up-Close Look At The Walking Dead's Michonne!!

New postby kizzle » Fri May 25, 2012 1:59 pm

oh hell yeah! I cant wait for this! I hope the prison turns out to be as cool as it was in the comics! Same as Michonne! I have yet to see the season finale of season 2 im hoping to see it in stores soon!
kizzle
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 6
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: "Welp, we're fucked"

Re: Here's Our First Up-Close Look At The Walking Dead's Michonne!!

New postby joshk1986 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 am

Love it, she looks exactly like she does in the comics! Well casted! I'm up to vol. 10 in the comics, definitely one of the best series around
joshk1986
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 3
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?

Return to May/2012