Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

Scary Movie 5 Will Target Black Swan, But Will Anna Ferris Return?

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of May, 2012

Scary Movie 5 Will Target Black Swan, But Will Anna Ferris Return?

New postby Brian Massey » Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok, so news is news right? Good because we've got a few details to spit at ya regarding the fifth installment of Scary Movie.

As per Variety,"Scary Movie 5," which comes more than six years after the last installment, will spoof recent thrillers such as "Black Swan," "Paranormal Activity," "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and "127 Hours." See, aren't ya glad that read this article filled with a wealth of knowledge?

"The story in Scary Movie 5 involves the dance world, with a snooty, aloof, imperious, and oversexed French director of a dance company named Pierre putting on a huge production. Jody, a Caucasian late-20's mother of two and her late-20's African American friend Kendra are both vying for the lead in the production. Jody's extremely controlling former dancer mother is determined that Jody will have the brilliant career that eluded her. The highly skilled mid-30's Diva veteran dancer with the company, Heather Daltry, gets cut from the production and goes berserk."

According to a recent blog on Twitter from Know the Artist, "The studio had been very interested in bringing back some of the series’ original cast members, but there’s no word on where that plan stands now. Insiders have said that the film has been completely retooled and will hire a brand new cast. That would not be a surprise considering the casting directors are 'seeking a comedic leading lady with the ability to play comedy in a grounded dramatic style'".

Casting is currently under way, with Anna Farris' return still in question. When last asked about her return several weeks ago, Ferris replied, "I don't think I'm going to do it. I don't think I'm part of that. I don't know exactly what's happening with it, but I hear it's sort of in the works and stuff."

Malcolm Lee (Roll Bounce, Undercover Brother) will direct the film with production slated to begin this summer. David Zucker, who wrote and directed both Scary Movie 3 and 4, will also be returning to co-write and produce the fifth installment alongside Lee.

Source:Variety, MovieLine
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Return to May/2012