Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Breaking News: FRIDAY THE 13TH Hour Long Series Officially Announced!
Jason Voorhees has been a household name for many years. After being featured in a dozen f…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Has A New Trailer! See It Here!
Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller reunite to bring Miller's visually stunning Sin City gra…

Ghostface May Be Coming Home! A 'Scream' TV Series Is In The Works From MTV

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of June, 2012

Ghostface May Be Coming Home! A 'Scream' TV Series Is In The Works From MTV

New postby Brian Massey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:11 pm

So what would you say if we told you that Ghostface was going to be landing a new gig on the small screen in the very near future? You'd probably have a few choice words to say, like "WTF" or "OMFG" or just a simple "Nooooo!!"

TVLine is reporting that MTV is developing a weekly series based on the Scream film franchise.Former MTV execs Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley, who are shepherding the project under their DiGa production shingle, are on the hunt for a writer to pen the pilot.

At this time of writing it's uncertain what role, if any that writer Kevin Williamson and/or director Wes Craven will have in the potential series.

If the popular franchise that spawned four films does evolve into a TV series, it would appear that our chances of seeing another Scream film on the big screen are bleak at best. Thoughts anyone?

Source; TVLine
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Ghostface May Be Coming Home! A 'Scream' TV Series Is In The Works From MTV

New postby horrorlord » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Let me start by saying that im a big fan of the Scream franchise and I like the idea of horror franchises getting there own tv series.Look how awesome Freddy' Nightmares was in the 80's after all.I would much rather see a Scream 5 if I had too choose but if this happens im looking forward to watching it.I hope A Nightmare on Elm street and Friday the 13th will get there own series and Halloween and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre will hopefully get theres too.I heard rumors of a Hellraiser tv series.Im still hoping that will happen but im not getting my hopes up on that one because the old saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is and the idea of pinhead in his own tv series does sound too great to be true.That would be too awesome.Anyway back on topic.I love the Scream franchise.All the films were awesome and I can't wait too see more films and this tv series hopefully in the future.
horrorlord
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 18

Return to June/2012