Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

Walking Dead Fans, Here's Our Very First Look At David Morrissey As THE GOVERNOR

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of June, 2012

Walking Dead Fans, Here's Our Very First Look At David Morrissey As THE GOVERNOR

New postby Brian Massey » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Being a fan of The Walking Dead comic, I for one am ridiculously psyched to see the third season of the Robert Kirkman creation for two reasons... we finally get to lay our eyes on the katana wielding MICHONNE, and we also get to see one of the most formidable villains that the group encounters in the comic - THE GOVERNOR!!

Speaking of which, TV Guide has snagged a on-set snapshot of the latter in all his glory ultimately raising my level of excitement up to a whole new level. BUT, I must admit, as I'm sure any comic book reader will attest - David Morrissey doesn't look one iota like the comic book character. Regardless, I'm still stoked.

Now for those of you that may be worried that AMC might be offering up a diluted version of the douche bag who went on to take a very important something away from Rick in the comics... Robert Kirkman had this to say following last season's finale, "The Governor in the show is definitely going to be The Governor in the comic. I think that he's definitely going to be a character that people love to hate and are absolutely entertained by, but also somewhat terrified of. He's definitely going to be a very important character and a very nuanced character. We are not going to be watering him down."

So fear not Bidites, all will be good this season. In fact Kirkman revealed that "Seeing The Walking Dead come to life on AMC has been a real thrill for me, obviously, and moving into Season 3 I'm even more excited than ever because now I feel like we're really getting to 'the good stuff,'" Kirkman tells TVGuide.com. "Having The Governor in the mix is going to fundamentally change the show in all kinds of awesome and exiting ways. And David Morrissey totally rocks!"

Season 3 of the Walking Dead hits this October. Stay tuned for the official date, and more announcements in the upcoming weeks.

Source: TV Guide
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Return to June/2012