Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

Alex Kurtzman Talks "Van Helsing" Remake

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of June, 2012

Alex Kurtzman Talks "Van Helsing" Remake

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 pm

From WorstPreviews.com comes word about the "Van Helsing" prequel that us genre lovers have been pleading for, right?

We already know that Universal Pictures is planning another "Van Helsing" film, which will star Tom Cruise, who will also produce alongside Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (writers of "Star Trek" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen").

CraveOnline caught up with Kurtzman, who spoke about the new movie, which will be a complete reboot. "We are actually at the very beginning of talking about what to do with it," he explained. "But I do feel like the Van Helsing that Anthony Hopkins plays in [Bram Stoker's] 'Dracula' is sort of the parody version of it, and the Van Helsing that Hugh Jackman played was obviously in a different place as well."

He continued: "I think that these kinds of movies have evolved a lot since then. 'The Dark Knight' was a major, major corner-turning moment in the way that genre and superhero stories could be told. Really grounded in reality. That's what I'd like to do without sacrificing the fantasy element."

Kurtzman added that the whole "grounded in reality" approach will also be used for "The Mummy" reboot.

Source: http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25266&count=0 / http://www.craveonline.com/film/intervi ... le-like-us
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Alex Kurtzman Talks "Van Helsing" Remake

New postby dew » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 pm

I'd really like to know how they'd tell a story about vampires that's 'grounded in reality'.
dew
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 76
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: We all go a little mad sometimes.

Return to June/2012