Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Inspired By True Events Comes HOUSE OF DUST - See The Trailer Here!
Redding House Asylum. For some, it is a reminder of a different time when medical treatmen…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…

Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of July, 2012

Re: Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

New postby CrazySwede » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Anyone who thinks that taking away violence in films are going to decrease violence is in for a very unpleasant suprise.

Did Hitler, Stalin or Mao kill millions of people because they watched violent movies? Maniacs will always be around
CrazySwede
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 4
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: We all get a litte mad sometimes

Re: Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

New postby aceofspades70 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 pm

CrazySwede wrote:Anyone who thinks that taking away violence in films are going to decrease violence is in for a very unpleasant suprise.

Did Hitler, Stalin or Mao kill millions of people because they watched violent movies? Maniacs will always be around

CASE CLOSED.
aceofspades70
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 32
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher

New postby TrickOrTreater » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh Harv, have we forgotten the golden rule?

TrickOrTreater
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Classic
Favorite Quote: Everyone hail to the Pumpkin Song

New postby Hellion Hellsing » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Well if that's the case, I guess Miramax/Dimension films needs to stop making movies all together because everything they've done has had violence in it.....and yes I mean I do mean The Piano and The Crying Game too. A chick with a dick....damn straight I was scared. It's hilarious to hear such a statement from someone who has built they're whole legacy on violent films....from The Burning all the way up to Machete. Fuckin' Hypocrite.
Hellion Hellsing
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Married
Favorite Quote: Don't Fuck With The Original.

New postby UberJason78 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 am

Yes Creephouse, I hope Halloween 3 will be a good and brutal movie, not a disney-fairytale or something
UberJason78
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Favorite Quote: Shut your hole honey, mine's making money

New postby Asmodeus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am

Whatever. Bring on the Weinstein halos. That just means more horror will be driven underground a bit and likely will just create more violent movies.

They won't stand by this too long. Harvey Weinstein was just probably really affected by this happening. Time will pass and they'll be back to their money making agendas. Nice that their egos are so inflated that they think they can completely change things that are totally irrelevant to what they do. (Mind you, those two and only a couple of others completely run Hollywood but still...) Like others mentioned, violence was around long before movies. Taking horror or other violence to the underground will hopefully just make it that much more sought after and hopefully not create more lame direct-to-video shit.

90% of the movies I watch are horror filled and violent. Never once did I consider waking up and killing anyone. Actually the sight of real blood makes me queasy.

There's always going to be some fucking stupid, self absorbed, can't get laid, asshole bad apple that goes shooting up and ruining the bunch for the rest of us whether there is violence in movies or not.
Asmodeus
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 16
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Exploitation
Previous

Return to July/2012