Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

The Munsters move into the House of 1000 Corpses: A look at Mockingbird Lane

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of July, 2012

The Munsters move into the House of 1000 Corpses: A look at Mockingbird Lane

New postby sinful Celluloid » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:56 am

Once a month I end up at Universal Studios, either for work or play, and one of my favorite things to do is the Studio Tour. It really doesn't matter how many times you do it, it is different every time. So, as we round the corner, heading towards the Chicken Ranch used in Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses, I sit patiently and wait. The tour guides rarely state that this is the house, due to many reasons that I'm sure you are aware of, even though it's most famous for that film and "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" (also no longer mentioned due to complaining tourists). However, this time, the guide did speak, but it wasn't about the Firefly clan, but a different family of monsters...The Munsters. More after the jump.

I haven't paid much attention to Mocking Bird Lane, Universal's all new take on the Munsters, I wasn't sure what to make of it and I'm still not. When it comes down to "Monster" families, I'm an Addams Family guy, but I grew up with a love for the Munsters as well and I like my Munsters, well, "Munsterous".

Anyway, I figured that they would be using the original Munsters house since the Desperate Housewives had recently left the neighborhood. The timing seemed right for Colonial Street to become dreaded once more, so you can imagine my surprise when the tour guide stated that the Chicken Ranch was being used in production of Mocking Bird Lane.

Since the Chicken Ranch is a practical set (used for Interior and Exterior), it seems that they will be filming inside as well but again, that remains to be seen. Zombie is a big Munsters fan (Obviously), so it's interesting that the "Corpses" energy is now behind the NEW Munsters. We'll have to wait and see how that works out, not just for Mockingbird Lane, but for us.

Related Articles:

The Zombie King: the continuous rise of Rob Zombie http://ow.ly/cEhke
sinful Celluloid
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 197
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Classic
Favorite Quote: Become a Celluloid Sinner
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Munsters move into the House of 1000 Corpses: A look at Mockingbird Lane

New postby Nightmareblade17 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 pm

This show is going to be such an epic fail what a waste of time and money and people wondering why America Is broke because of making shit shows like this that never should have been redone in the first place .Don't you people know that people are sick of these re make show .Gee lets take a look at the shows that have been redone and failed

KNIGHT RIDER CANCEL

BIONIC WOMEN CANCEL

WONDER WOMAN NEVER MADE IT TO TV EVEN CANCEL

CHARLIES ANGELS CANCEL

SEE THE PATTERN HERE I DO
Nightmareblade17
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Ghost/Haunt

Return to July/2012