Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
The Upcoming Miniseries ROSEMARY'S BABY Has A Brand New Trailer!
If you are in the market for some new Horror to watch on your television, you should enjoy…
Inspired By True Events Comes HOUSE OF DUST - See The Trailer Here!
Redding House Asylum. For some, it is a reminder of a different time when medical treatmen…

Dan Aykroyd Drops A Bomb On Ghostbusters 3 Hopefuls: Bill Murray Won't Be In The Next Film

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of August, 2012

Dan Aykroyd Drops A Bomb On Ghostbusters 3 Hopefuls: Bill Murray Won't Be In The Next Film

New postby Brian Massey » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Oh my goodness, it looks like Bill Murray won't be reprising his role as Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters 3 after all. After all this on again-off again bull crap, Dan Aykroyd finally revealed to Metro what most of us have been saying all along - There will be no Bill Murray in Ghostbusters 3!

According to Aykroyd, "...he won't be involved. It's sad but we're passing it on to a new generation. Ghostbusters 3 can be a successful movie without Bill. My preference would be to have him involved but at this point he doesn't seem to be coming and we have to move on. It's time to make the third one."

Men in Black 3 scribe Etan Cohen, whom Aykroyd refers to as "a brilliant" writer, is tapped to rewrite Ghostbusters III for the studio. "We'll be passing the torch on to a new generation." Explains the Ghostbusters thesp, "we're working on it to make it just right to satisfy our fans. I'm confident we'll be in production in the next year."

So what does all this means? Who the hell knows at this point. The idea of making this movie should have been crushed a long time ago. If this movie ever comes to fruition, Aykroyd and company will have to hide their walkers off-set.

Source: Metro
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Dan Aykroyd Drops A Bomb On Ghostbusters 3 Hopefuls: Bill Murray Won't Be In The Next

New postby Jonny Sicko » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 pm

That's kind of sad to me, and it's a shame... When practically a cult following is made from a film, you'd think that'd draw in all of the main characters. Bill Murray comes off as something of an egomaniac, I'm surprised this wouldn't have appealed to him. They'd have to make some sort of reference to the character though. You can't just ignore the fact that Peter Venkman was part of the Ghostbusters. I wonder if they'll add him CGI? lol
Jonny Sicko
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 13
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy
Favorite Quote: "Be a man, Frank! Be a man!"

Re: Dan Aykroyd Drops A Bomb On Ghostbusters 3 Hopefuls: Bill Murray Won't Be In The Next

New postby joshk1986 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:39 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

For Christ Sake Aykroyd, leave the franchise alone. No fan in their right mind want to see another one. 1 + 2 were perfect... Seeing Aykroyd, Ramis (and possibly Hudson) WITHOUT Murray as fat old men "passing the torch" to new actors is honestly the worst idea I have ever heard
joshk1986
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 3
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?

Return to August/2012