Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

The Potential 'Hellraiser' Remake Spawns Three Pieces Of Visual Bliss

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of August, 2012

The Potential 'Hellraiser' Remake Spawns Three Pieces Of Visual Bliss

New postby Brian Massey » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Before we just bombard you with three really cool pieces of eye candy for the potential remake of Hellraiser, we thought it would be fitting to brush up on the current events of this project. Now we realize that you could just skip past all the mumble jumble and take a quick peak, but why would you wanna do that? After all that's cheating.

In July Paul Gerrard and Mike Le Han produced a teaser trailer to accompany the pitch document which has many more conceptual designs that revision Hellraiser. Paul designed the new look for Pinhead and was production designer on the shoot, and Le Han pulled in all of his film resources and directed the teaser on the new Alex 4:3 camera with anamorphic lenses.

With a crew of 47 and over 100 bloodied extras, the shoot was completed and is now in the depths of post-production with a massive amount of VFX work being undertaken. Method Studios, Fugitive Studios and Flipbook Animation are helming the VFX with the talented Glen Southern designing the new Hellraiser box.

When the teaser is complete, they’ll be presenting it to Dimension Films along with an outline of the first film story and conceptual art pitch document with the hope to work on rebooting the Hellraiser franchise and bringing it into the 21st Century. Now with out further adieu, here's our first look at the concept art for the said remake.

Source: Geek Tyrant
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Potential 'Hellraiser' Remake Spawns Three Pieces Of Visual Bliss

New postby sinful Celluloid » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Awesome timing. I was in a Hellraiser mood last night. Very cool!
sinful Celluloid
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 197
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Classic
Favorite Quote: Become a Celluloid Sinner

New postby UberJason78 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Looks cool. So it's not yet decided that this remake will be made very soon?
This stuff is just an idea for the studio?

Hope that Doug Bradley will return as our favorite piercing-goth. I heard the last movie sucked big time, so bring in The Man and make it a succes!
With the vibe, these people gave it, it should be a cool reinvention or remake, or whatever it's gonna be.
UberJason78
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Shut your hole honey, mine's making money

New postby Illinois-Michael » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm

I just got an autographed 8x10 of pinhead the other day. From some of the ideas that were being thrown around, I had been really worried about this project, but these images look promising. I have always thought they should use more of the imagery from the novella and go more into frank's world, particularly the time withthe cenobites, you know, what did he witness in there? what does their world look like. In the book, he was able to see through the dimensions, into the attic room he came from, as part of his punishment and Julia could actually see through the wall at one point to see his mangled, impossibly mutilated, living corpse reaching out to her. I wrote my senior research papers on The Hellbound Heart, for my multimedia presentation I showed the hospital room scene from the original film.
Illinois-Michael
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher

Return to August/2012