Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

Netflix Instant - 2010's "Black Death" (Like or Dislike)

Bookmark and Share

Share your opinion with the world in this area as horror films get dissected by the fans who love them.

Netflix Instant - 2010's "Black Death" (Like or Dislike)

New postby indygogo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Sean Bean stars in this historically rooted horror-thriller as Ulric, a church-appointed knight in the age of the Bubonic Plague's first wave who's tasked with investigating rumors of a woman (Carice van Houten) who can bring the dead back to life. A young monk (Eddie Redmayne) named Osmund is aiding Ulric on his quest to root out the necromancer -- and to determine whether or not she has ties to Satan.

My Thoughts: Religion aside, this is a great thriller. The fight scenes are exciting and the acting is great. The story is very interesting and I enjoyed the few surprising twists along the way. Although the film is based around religion, I felt it was more about Osmund's struggle with love, betraying God, and where his grief took him. Its dark, depressing, and bloody. It was a much better film than I had expected it to be.

indygogo
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 8
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Netflix Instant - 2010's "Black Death" (Like or Dislike)

New postby roho65 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Not a bad flick.Sort of a Medieval telling of The Wicker Man.Sean Bean in his element.Lots of atmosphere. :imcrazy:
roho65
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Zombie
Favorite Quote: You suffering will be legendary.Even in Hell

New postby dew » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Hmm, I may have to check this out. Sean Bean + a sword typically adds up to a good film either way!
dew
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 76
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: We all go a little mad sometimes.

New postby Crymson » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:46 pm

:imcrazy: I loved this movie. I had read a lot of people saying it wasn't very good, but I thought it was excellent. And I am a huge Sean Bean fan anyway. I loved him in the remake of the Hitcher.
Crymson
New User:
New User:

Relationship: Married
Favorite Sub-Genre: Foreign
XBox Live Gamertag: CRYMS0N GH0ST
Favorite Quote: I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.

New postby Moon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:45 am

Hated it..Thought it was going to be a lot cooler..And there was too much preaching about how "religion is bad"..I hate that kind of preaching just as much as I hate religious preaching.
Moon
Stalker:
Stalker:

Return to Horror Movie Reviews