Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Potential Is Shown In This Trailer For The Upcoming Torture Horror Flick LOVE OF MY LIFE
In this world one of the greatest things that we could ever know is love. People toss that…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…

UPDATE: SCREAM 4 Suffers At The Box Office

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

UPDATE: SCREAM 4 Suffers At The Box Office

New postby LoomisLives2010 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 am

UPDATE: The weekend totals are in and SCREAM 4 got slaughtered! Here's a link to the full story:
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3142&p=.htm

Just looked on Box Office Mojo, the estimates for Friday are in and it's not good SCREAM fans. The film, which had a reported budget of $40 million, took the second spot for Friday earning only $8 million. The animated family film Rio took the top spot with $10 million. It seems like a down week at the box office, which is happening more frequently these days.

I'm asking myself why? SCREAM 4 wasn't a bad movie by any means, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a lover of all things DIMENSION FILMS. It had a solid story, although, there were some things that I would've done differently. I won't mention them here because I don't want to give anything away. Overall I went in with very high expectations and came out satisfied. I thought the new cast did a good enough job, and I was thrilled to see Dewey, Sidney, and Gale back in action. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a Randy cameo, but hey you can't win em all, right?

Now back to the real question, what needs to be done to get asses in the seats? I think theaters and studio heads really need to sit down and re-evaluate this entire situation. I understand money needs to be made, but with gas prices on the rise are people really going to pay $11-12 per ticket to go to the movies? I think not. Just my two cents. Here's hoping that the rest of the weekend is better for Scream!

Here's a link to view the estimated Friday totals: http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/
LoomisLives2010
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 17
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: We're all afraid of the dark within ourselves.
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: SCREAM 4 Suffers At The Box Office

New postby Stilesp1985 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 am

as long as it doesn't drop, it should be fine. But that is a low take for Friday. I went to the 11:00 a.m. showing and there was only 15 people there (but it was 11 a.m).
Stilesp1985
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 48
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy
XBox Live Gamertag: stilesp85

New postby LoomisLives2010 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 am

I went midnight on Friday and it was packed. It doesn't look like there's a lot of competition next week, so I agree with you. I'm just hoping it doesn't drop.
LoomisLives2010
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

New postby AJxSCREAMx87 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:29 am

Where i live i bought my tickets 4 days early just incase it was sold out and boy was i right. Every showing from Friday 1:10pm till sunday was sold out. I'm going to go see it again on Tuesday which is cheap night only 6 bucks a ticket. I convinved like 10 of my other friends to go see it with me. I really hope the Saturday results and sunday results step up, it's a shame a movie about a bird animation is beating this amazing film. Obviously this 3-D shit is where people are going to see lately which isn't what movie going is about.
AJxSCREAMx87
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 2

New postby Sinister Pointe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:22 am

I actually was really disappointed in the film. I went on Friday night 8pm showing at a popular downtown theater and there were only maybe 25 people in there. I am really getting bored with these remakes. I professionally design haunts for a living (15 years) and have seriously been considering writing scripts for film. Scream 1 was amazing! Im ready for something new Hollywood! Bring it!! Dont make have have to teach you all a thing or two!
Sinister Pointe
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0

New postby Rabbit in Red Radio » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 am

The weekend is not over just yet. To keep a track on how the film is doing here is the link.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=scream4.htm
Rabbit in Red Radio
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 3
Favorite Sub-Genre: Classic
Favorite Quote: Don't just stare at it, EAT IT!

New postby LoomisLives2010 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:31 pm

I hate to tell you Vince but it is over. The studio pumped 40 million into it. It'll make less than 20 which will be considered a HUGE loss. Not trying to be a buzzkill just realistic.

Judging from it's $19.3 million weekend total I guess I was right.
LoomisLives2010
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Next

Return to Horror Movie Talk