Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…

The Official Plot Details Are Leaked For The New Darker, THE MUNSTERS Television Show

Bookmark and Share

HBO, Showtime, SyFy, FearNet, Chiller, AMC and the list goes on and on. What horror related shows do you watch and love?

The Official Plot Details Are Leaked For The New Darker, THE MUNSTERS Television Show

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:44 am

Bloody-Disgusting got their paws on some of the plot details from the reboot or remake of The Munsters TV series and I am anxious to hear what you Bidites think of the new "darker" tone we are being promised. According to the source the show will be a “strange hybrid of the popular comedy “Modern Family” and HBO’s “True Blood”. Although dark there will be a lot of heart and comedic elements.”

Plot Synopsis: Pilot Episode (directed by Bryan Singer): “will focus on 10-year-old Eddie Munster who is unaware that he’s a werewolf, and that his family is composed of terrifying creatures. The madness begins when a baby bear attacks a scouting trip, only it turns out that this “bear” is actually Eddie transformed into a werewolf. Eddie is unaware of his metamorphosis and it forces the family to move in order to protect the family secret. The coming of age story gets weirder as he fights against his family when he learns of a shocker: they’re a family of flesh-eaters!”

Details regarding the rest of the family; Lily Munster is said to have an eating disorder and only eats suicide victims. Grandpa is a 600-year-old shapeshifter and Marilyn is said to be adopted, after her mother tried to eat her as a baby. Interesting and weird, should be a mix that todays audiences might go for.

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27447
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Official Plot Details Are Leaked For The New Darker, THE MUNSTERS Television Show

New postby BloodyAdored » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:56 am

:| not amused
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 97
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Splatter
Favorite Quote: "Shut up and bleed"

Re: The Official Plot Details Are Leaked For The New Darker, THE MUNSTERS Television Show

New postby chardy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:52 pm

If its not like the old shows then whats the point....Just another example of how hollywood and Tv will never get the big picture...
chardy
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: welcome to prime time bitch.....

New postby zombie10 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 am

Ahhh I really don't know about this one.Some of these plot lines are definitely not doing the original show justice.But I guess will just have to see how the script and casting goes and how everything fits together.
zombie10
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 138
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: I came to chew bubblegum and kickass

New postby weaponx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:20 am

I'd hate to be negative about this because I love all things Munsters but this sounds alittle ridiculous. Why not just keep their origins generally the same? Why would they all be eating humans when one is a werewolf, one is a vampire, one is a frankenstein monster and blah blah blah. I just hopt they don't mess this up as badly as it seems.
weaponx
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 1
Relationship: Engaged
Favorite Sub-Genre: Horror-Comedy

New postby Nick Death » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:08 am

Does anyone else think this is just too damn dark for a show known for its cheesey humor? I mean "Lily only eats the flesh of SUICIDE VICTIMS?" Holy fuck, that is really fucking morbid. And they don't say shit about Herman, you know- the main protaganist/father figure of the bunch? Jesus, let's just make everything dark, gritty, and totally brutal compared to the original- its finally time to make the Adams Family corpse raping, incest prone, child murders.......cause its gritty, and that's cool now.
Nick Death
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 2
Favorite Sub-Genre: Thriller
Favorite Quote: Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?!

New postby Nick Death » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:16 am

murderers^....my bad. But let's not forget that nothing is sacred anymore......and a HUGE part of me died upon realization of that. Just remember everything you loved about the Munsters when they were still golden...and realize all that you loved is about to get raped.....in quite an unfunny, horrorific way.
Nick Death
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 2
Favorite Sub-Genre: Thriller
Favorite Quote: Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?!
Next

Return to Television