Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Breaking News: FRIDAY THE 13TH Hour Long Series Officially Announced!
Jason Voorhees has been a household name for many years. After being featured in a dozen f…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Has A New Trailer! See It Here!
Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller reunite to bring Miller's visually stunning Sin City gra…

Interview With "ALICE" Author JC Noir

Bookmark and Share

General talk about movies, television, music, technology, etc.

Interview With "ALICE" Author JC Noir

New postby HorrorDaily » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:36 pm

I found myself in a great position today. Normally all I get to do is watch movies, and tell you guys what I think about them. But today I got the chance to sit down with author Jc Noir, and talk about his " Alice", a novelette that's going to be free this weekend on Amazon.com.

HD- "So why Alice? Of all the concepts out there, why this one in particular?"

JC- "Alice has always been an interest of mine. Growing up the original Lewis Carroll classic was one my mother owned in hardback and I found it my greatest source of twisted imagination and nonsensical literature to build ideas off of. That and the Oz books. The concept of Alice and her slip into madness was an original concept on its own. All I did was continue the story through my own filters and writing style. I see the same world Lewis Carroll did, just in a different light."

HD- "So does that mean you would be interested in doing the same thing for Oz? Would you be bold enough to take on Oz?"

JC- "Oh most definitely. 'Shattered Oz' is what I am currently working on now. I realized before taking on the classics that they tend to be a 'do or die' undertaking. Regardless of the outcome, I needed to do this for myself. If people enjoy it, well then that is just icing on the cake."

HD- "Do you feel you accomplished what you were aiming for with Alice?

JC- "I do. It's shorter than the average book, novelette they call it. Though in those 50 or so pages I feel like I give you exactly what I intended with Alice. Its exhilarating and fun, and doesn't really let up. I had a specific objective with the storyline and I wanted it to be relayed to the reader without fluff and extra junk to clutter the pages."

HD- "Tell me about the characters. Will we be seeing any return from the original classic?"

JC- "Oh absolutely, though not quite as you remember them. My twisted views of the characters have been something I worked on for awhile. I have been a fan of artists like American McGee and Todd McFarlane. They have always been able to take concepts we know and love and turn them into their own visions of dementia. I have brought back the Cheshire Cat in a more humanized form, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum as completely new monstrous entities who guard the nightclub that the Caterpillar owns. The Queen also makes a return, along with a few others I think you'll remember."

HD- "What about Wonderland? Any differences to the world and its inhabitants?"

JC- "Of course. With the story changes and new creatures comes a devastated landscape. It's not called Wonderland in my version. Chess the Cat-Man explains this inside as "There is no Wonder where I live." The world has a completely new name, culture, and design. It's occupants are now hooked on a trendy drug called "Eve", which is manufactured by a returning character you will read about. In addition, I have incorporated many cyberpunk and steampunk elements into the world. Hopefully, you'll be pretty surprised."

HD- "I noticed the eBook has some images. What can you tell me about these images?"

JC- "Those images were taken by myself. I contacted Tom Stiles at the West Virginia State Penitentiary about shooting on location there, and he thankfully gave me an evening to myself and my crew to shoot it. So every image I took was authentic and believable. I did images focusing around the beginning of the story, when Alice meets Chess as she's locked in a cell after being labeled as insane. I wanted something focusing around that point, because Chess and Alice meeting is such a huge jumping off point for the book. I was incredibly lucky to not only be able to shoot at such an amazing site, but to work with Genevieve Yosco and Zachary Akers as my models."

HD- "So finally, tell me about Solace Through Tragedy, the horror novel you released on Amazon and Nook prior to Alice."

JC- "I have always been a fan of cerebral horror. I am a gamer as well and was an avid player of the Silent Hill series. Solace Through Tragedy was my baby. This was the concept I've had for many years and I nurtured it until it was ready for release. I focus a lot on being alone and forced to face your inner demons as physical manifestations. It's deep, disturbing, and will keep the pace moving so you don't get bored."
HorrorDaily
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 104
Relationship: Looking
Favorite Sub-Genre: Monster
Favorite Quote: Good, Bad, I'm The Guy With The Gun
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Interview With "ALICE" Author JC Noir

New postby bhaji » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:03 am

I found myself in a great position today. Normally all I get to do is watch movies, and tell you guys what I think about them. But today I got the chance to sit down with author Jc Noir, and talk about his " Alice", a novelette that's going to be free this weekend on Amazon.com. HD- "So why Alice? Of all the concepts out there, why this one in particular?" Jc- "Alice has always been an interest of mine. Growing up the original

------------------------------------------

Tamil Actress Hot Pics
bhaji
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Classic

Return to Entertainment