Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
CABIN FEVER Is Set To Be Remade! Details Inside
Most of you know that CABIN FEVER (2002) is a great Horror film which was directed by Eli…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

Would You Rather See Piranha 3DD At Home Or In Theaters? Dimension Says You Decide

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of March, 2012

Would You Rather See Piranha 3DD At Home Or In Theaters? Dimension Says You Decide

New postby Brian Massey » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 pm

A we all know too well - Piranha 3DD, the follow up to the 2010 bloodbath Piranha 3D, has long been completed and designated to come out in theaters at the latter part of 2011. However, Dimension felt it necessary for an undisclosed reason to push the sequel back until an indefinite date this year.

Even though several new posters and a brand new trailer have surfaced for the John Gulager - directed film, a release date has yet to be determined. As a result, speculations are once again raging and the one time prominent label that spawned the cash cow franchises Scream, Scary Movie and Spy Kids, is no longer the hottest studio in town.

In 2011, Dimension released only three movies, all of them huge box-office disappointments. But In 2012, the company doesn't have a single film scheduled to come out in theaters. But we just learned from an article in the L.A. Times, things about to change. According to the Times, Dimension plans on releasing Piranha 3DD simultaneously in theaters and via video-on-demand at a to-be-determined date. How big of a theatrical release the film receives also remains to be seen.

All and all this whole scenario is rather intriguing. On one hand you get to view the film in the comfort of your own home among your friends or family at one set price, but in the other hand you lose the whole theater atmosphere as well as the 3D effect. Is this a good strategy for the Weinstein Bros. or is this their way of playing it safe? Which way will you view the film, at home or in the theater?

Source: The 'Bid & The L.A. Times
Brian Massey

HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Would You Rather See Piranha 3DD At Home Or In Theaters? Dimension Says You Decide

New postby Nightmareblade17 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:43 pm

I would rather buy it on blue ray with all the extras than see it in a theater
Nightmareblade17
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Ghost/Haunt

Re: Would You Rather See Piranha 3DD At Home Or In Theaters? Dimension Says You Decide

New postby Pinhead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I would want to see it in theaters for sure. Nothing beats watching a movie on the giant big screen. And I even have a great 52 inch HDTV at my home. Also the 3D is much better in the theaters and unless you are one of the few who have a 3D TV you won't even be able to watch it in 3D.
Pinhead
Stalker:
Stalker:

Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
XBox Live Gamertag: MaddenFan360
Favorite Quote: No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

New postby Sephit » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:39 am

Pinhead wrote:I would want to see it in theaters for sure. Nothing beats watching a movie on the giant big screen. And I even have a great 52 inch HDTV at my home. Also the 3D is much better in the theaters and unless you are one of the few who have a 3D TV you won't even be able to watch it in 3D.

This is very true and this film was filmed using 3D camera's so it will definitely look a lot better than the first one did.
Sephit
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 1

New postby Moon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:19 am

I am going to go see it in the theater..I love going to see a new horror movie on Friday or Saturday night after I get off work.Then, maybe get a burger and a shake on the way home..This seems like a movie I would have fun staying out late for. I had fun seeing Pirannha in theaters..
Moon
Stalker:
Stalker:

New postby Jerry Blake » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am

At home...
Trailer absolutely sucks.
Jerry Blake
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 3
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Who am I here?

Return to March/2012