Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…

Upcoming Horror Movie Remakes in 2012

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of March, 2012

Upcoming Horror Movie Remakes in 2012

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Remakes of classic movies are hitting cinemas at an astonishing rate. This year, there are a clutch of horror remakes which promise to stay true to the original. Countless movie trailers shown on the big screens nationwide and in millions of homes prove that this year is going to be a big one for horror films. With that in mind, here is a selection of films due to come out this year:

SILENT HOUSE

A re-tread of an acclaimed Uruguayan film, Silent House follows the story of a Sarah, who along with some of her relatives goes to fix a summerhouse, mostly by working in the dark. She then hears voices, fearing that the house may be haunted. From the team behind 2003’s Open Water, the film is due for release this March.

APARTMENT 1303 3D

Due for release this year, this is a remake of a Japanese film aimed at the US market. Taking place in a seemingly pristine 13th floor apartment with spectacular beachside views, the setting belies its dark, disturbing history, where many women who previously stayed there mysteriously jumped off the balcony, falling to their deaths. Being screened in 3D, this film promises to be a visual treat for horror fans who value the added dimension.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

Although the original film wasn’t remembered, the phenomenally successful TV series had a huge following. Expected to come out sometime in 2012, this remake follows Buffy as a high-school student, who follows her destiny to slay vampires at every turn. The film is expected to pay homage to the original while creating a whole new identity for itself at the same time.

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D: REANIMATION

The latest in a long line of remakes, this is the first one since the 2006 3D remake. A retelling of the classic zombie movie, this is likely to be released later this year

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: PART 2

Due for release by the end of 2012 at the earliest, this is a sequel to the original. Fans of the original are bound to be excited, while people who’ve not seen either the original or remake of the first instalment are in for a surprise.
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Upcoming Horror Movie Remakes in 2012

New postby dew » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Shakelford, J. Rusty wrote:
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

Although the original film wasn’t remembered, the phenomenally successful TV series had a huge following. Expected to come out sometime in 2012, this remake follows Buffy as a high-school student, who follows her destiny to slay vampires at every turn. The film is expected to pay homage to the original while creating a whole new identity for itself at the same time.

Actually, most sources are saying that the Buffy remake is probably dead in the water. Most of the fans of the original film and the series were pretty well deadset against it as it was, with Whedon not being involved, and the stars of both the series and the film were voicing their opposition as well.

IMDB has it as a tentative 2014 release but even that is unlikely. The scripts keep getting tossed.

Also, I wouldn't call the original film unremembered - even apart from the series, it is still a popular film and has never gone out of print.
dew
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 76
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: We all go a little mad sometimes.

New postby Darkly_dreaming » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 pm

A nightmare 2 before a Friday the 13th sequel? Lame!
Darkly_dreaming
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Favorite Sub-Genre: Zombie

New postby Shawn.Savage » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Most of the fans of the original film and the series were pretty well deadset against it as it was

Imagine that. I'm done being part of the human race. I think the kneejerk, poorly informed reactions to The Thing(2011) is what tipped it.
Shawn.Savage
New User:
New User:

New postby Pinhead » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Sadly there will be no NOES part 2 this year. I like the remake and think they should do a sequel but the idiots over at New Line don't understand they the remake was a massive hit.
Pinhead
Stalker:
Stalker:

Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
XBox Live Gamertag: MaddenFan360
Favorite Quote: No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

New postby dew » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Shawn.Savage wrote:Imagine that. I'm done being part of the human race. I think the kneejerk, poorly informed reactions to The Thing(2011) is what tipped it.

Because people thought it as slightly stupid to remake a successful film that has aged fairly well and spawned a still wildly popular tv series that had a seven year run? The BtVS lore is fairly specific, to the degree that not much can be done to change it and still tell the same story, so it would be a total retread. Seems a bit useless.

And again, even the studio is recognizing that the scripts they've scrounged together so far have been total crap. So better they trash it than make some teen-star vehicle piece of shit that only ruins the legacy of the originals.
Last edited by dew on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dew
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 76
Favorite Sub-Genre: Vampire
Favorite Quote: We all go a little mad sometimes.

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 pm

All these remakes are coming from an e-mail that BooMan forwarded me (he is in the hospital currently with his wife) and are from very reputable sources. I am not sure if I am at liberty to give the sources at this time. I will keep everyone updated but please keep in mind that this site has been responsible for breaking many stories that others doubted only to find out that the facts were indeed correct. Not saying these are all bullet proof but I've learned enough to trust in where his sources come from.

And if they are wrong we will always retract them with an apology for any misinformation but as of right now these seem to be iron clad from the e-mail I received. Stay tuned as hopefully he can weigh in soon. And please keep his wife in your thoughts and prayers as she is battling a reoccurring illness.

Thanks Bidites!
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
Next

Return to March/2012