Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Trailer For The Sci-Fi Horror EJECTA
Seeing a strange object in the sky that is unknown can be a very scary thing. At first gla…
Here Is The Crazy Trailer For The Twisted Paranormal Thriller DELIVERY: THE BEAST WITHIN
Coming to theaters and VOD next month is the paranormal thriller directed by Brian Netto,…

The World's Most Controversial 'Top 10 Overrated Horror Films' List!

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Re: The World's Most Controversial 'Top 10 Overrated Horror Films' List!

New postby Disturbed_voices » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 am

gummi wrote:Wow! I'm truly shocked to see The Exorcist on a top ten list like this. That movie has caused me so much mental distress that I almost wish I'd never seen it . . . multiple times. :ME LIKES: I'm literally not right for weeks after each viewing, but I just never seem to learn. As far as the rest of the movies on the list, I agree with you on several, but I honestly wouldn't consider some of them as being over-rated in the first place. The consensus among almost everyone I've talked with was that Paranormal Activity 3 and Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 completely sucked.

Totally, I always hear that Rob's Halloween II and PA 3 for that matter are shit, how are they over-rated? Otherwise big balls Matt most don't speak their minds on these movies and glad to see you back here where you belong!
Disturbed_voices
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 1

New postby UberJason78 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Ok, I'm with kissfreak here..Halloween II was not as bad as you write...I've been protecting this movie for a few times now on this site..and really don't see the issue about a travesty or a worst kind of franchise spoiler. So once again...Rob tried to give another take on Myers, and in my opinion he succeeded big time. A lot of people are so pissed about his mask being ripped off, or whatever complaints they have...I thought it was refreshing to have a lot of new takes on the story, characters and continuing the previous one. It has good and realistic things like Myers living as a bum, until it is time to get back to Haddonfield. Also the Laurie character has a very realistic way of being traumatised by recent events. Even Loomis being an arrogant ass, since he became imfamous as the psychiatric doctor, was well done and daring.
Another director probably would play it safe and repeat some Halloween H20 kind of trauma for the characters, wich in my opinion isn't very exciting. Besides a good acting cast, alot of places we're shown and a nodge to Psycho in the end, makes me proud of Halloween again, and Rob Zombie one of my favorite directors/ writers
UberJason78
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Shut your hole honey, mine's making money

New postby Johnny Bisco » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:37 pm

rob zombie's H2 isn't over rated

it just plain sucks!!!
Johnny Bisco
Slasher Legend:
Slasher Legend:

Headlines: 4
Relationship: Single
Favorite Quote: It's them damn enchiladas!

New postby BloodyAdored » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:47 am

THANK YOU!!!
BloodyAdored
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 97
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Splatter
Favorite Quote: "Shut up and bleed"

New postby aceofspades70 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm

krsdacritter wrote:Great article but I really don't agree with films from the 70s and 80s being bundled in with new films, they may not be as great now but in their time they were the pinnicle of the horror genre and were treated as such which is why they became over rated unlike nowadays when a film is over rated before it hits the cinemas due to marketing

My thoughts exactly.
aceofspades70
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 32

New postby ny ghoul » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 am

You may not LIKE:

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
SUSPIRIA
EXORCIST

but it seems comical to refer to these legendary films as "overrated". CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST on so many levels is the king of all cannibal films, animal controversy aside. Its got a ton of quality behind it and it is a legend status film.

SUSPIRIA? overrated???? :roll:

EXORCIST? again....a subjective opinion is one thing but to make proclamations like this is just looking for reactions. Im surprised there are only 3 pages of it.
ny ghoul
Bidite Mod (Level 4)
Bidite Mod (Level 4)

Headlines: 3

New postby Blades » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:17 pm

ny ghoul wrote:You may not LIKE:

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
SUSPIRIA
EXORCIST

but it seems comical to refer to these legendary films as "overrated". CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST on so many levels is the king of all cannibal films, animal controversy aside. Its got a ton of quality behind it and it is a legend status film.
SUSPIRIA? overrated???? :roll:
EXORCIST? again....a subjective opinion is one thing but to make proclamations like this is just looking for reactions. Im surprised there are only 3 pages of it.

First time poster, long time fan. I agree with you on this NY Ghoul but from what I've seen on this site everyone usually doesn't pile on people which finally got me to register here so maybe he knew that people wouldn't get all crazy like most places. Just a thought.
Blades
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Zombie
PreviousNext

Return to Horror Movie Talk