Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Inspired By True Events Comes HOUSE OF DUST - See The Trailer Here!
Redding House Asylum. For some, it is a reminder of a different time when medical treatmen…
The Upcoming Miniseries ROSEMARY'S BABY Has A Brand New Trailer!
If you are in the market for some new Horror to watch on your television, you should enjoy…

Should Basket Case Ever Be Considered For A Remake??

Bookmark and Share

From the classic era to the very latest of today's horror movies. This area is dedicated for horror movie discussion of all kind.

Should Basket Case Ever Be Considered For A Remake??

New postby horrorlord » Mon May 28, 2012 5:15 pm

While there are a lot of horror fans that are somewhat getting tired of remakes I feel that there are some film's which would benefit from a reboot - with 'Basket Case' being one of those films.

Who can ever forget the classic 1982 horror/comedy film from director Frank Hentenryck which was filled with violent murders committed by Duane Bradley's twin brother Belial. I have to say Belial is without a doubt one of the creepiest looking characters that I have ever seen in a horror film. I believe that it would be in the best interest of horror fans for this film to get a reboot and see with the advancement in technology what the filmmakers today can do with it.

I for one am certainly curious, and pushing to see this classic get the long-overdue remake treatment that it deserves. I have no idea who owns the rights to the film but im suspecting that it might still be in the hands of Frank Hentenryck. Whoever does own the rights should seriously consider to bring back Belial because I think a modern day retelling of this film might actually be better then the cheaply made original.

Please feel free to comment below and let everyone know what you think.
horrorlord
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 18
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Should Basket Case Ever Be Considered For A Remake??

New postby aceofspades70 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Eventually, it may happen. The cheaply made original was actually ok and standard for it's time. I enjoyed it.

*SPOILER ALERT*

What I like the best about this film is the story...and the simple fact that they did not show the monster right away. I could have done without the full nude scene of the dude running down the sidewalk.

Another thing I liked is that when the back story was being told, the "brother" looked a lot younger even though he was basically a mutation. There was good detail to it.

We all know that the remakes are ruling the screen still. This may join them...eventually.
aceofspades70
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 32
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher

New postby Airi Magdalene » Mon May 28, 2012 11:23 pm

No.
I didn't name him after a fucking remake.
Airi Magdalene
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 8
Relationship: Single
Favorite Sub-Genre: Foreign
Favorite Quote: My boomstick brings all the boys to the yard.

New postby AgnesItsMeBilly » Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Hennenlotter (spelling?) movies are fuggin' classic!

Have you guys seen Bad Biology yet? It basically IS a Basketcase remake. If nothing else it is set in the Basketcase universe.
AgnesItsMeBilly
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 5
Favorite Quote: They mostly come out at night - mostly.

New postby Johnny Bisco » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:37 pm

nope no more remakes dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BangingHead: :slasher:
Johnny Bisco
Slasher Legend:
Slasher Legend:

Headlines: 4
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: It's them damn enchiladas!

New postby Airi Magdalene » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 am

AgnesItsMeBilly wrote:Hennenlotter (spelling?) movies are fuggin' classic!

Have you guys seen Bad Biology yet? It basically IS a Basketcase remake. If nothing else it is set in the Basketcase universe.

I have to disagree. I don't think Bad Biology could even really remotely be equated to a Basket Case remake. The plots weren't even the slightest bit similar. Same universe, maybe. Frank's mind makes a great fucking universe, though. I would say, if anything, certain elements of Bad Biology were vaguely similar to the lesser important subplot line of The Progeny, but certainly not the first film in the Basket Case franchise.
Airi Magdalene
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 8
Favorite Quote: My boomstick brings all the boys to the yard.

Return to Horror Movie Talk