Join the Community
[Login / Register]

<
TRENDING TOPICS

HorrorBid Is Almost The New HorrorDomain.com - We Need Your Feedback - Info!!
Greetings everyone! We have been talking about it for a good while now, and the time is ne…
Jason Voorhees Returns In JASON XMAS! See The First 2 Parts Right Here!
If you are craving something new from the world of Jason Voorhees then you have come to th…
Trailer For Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Finally Arrives!
Try and imagine being part a group of college friends who are all are protesting for a na…
The Newest Trailer For THE QUIET ONES Is Here!
With a team like Lionsgate, Exclusive Media, Traveling Picture Show Company, Midfield Fil…

Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

Bookmark and Share

All breaking horror news and rumors for the month of July, 2012

Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

New postby Shakelford, J. Rusty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:08 pm

How the recent shootings in Colorado will affect moviegoers is yet to be seen but many in Hollywood are ready to take action and according to WorstPreviews.com The Weinstein Brothers are ready to get rid of violence.

After the Colorado massacre, NY mayor Michael Bloomberg has been pressuring President Obama and Mitt Romney to take a tougher stance on gun laws. Now Harvey Weinstein has joined the fight, stating that it's time for Hollywood to address how violence in movies influences people.

"I think as filmmakers we should sit down -- the Marty Scorseses, the Quentin Tarantinos and hopefully all of us who deal in violence in movies -- and discuss our role in that," Weinstein said.

It's a well-known fact that there was zero violence before movies, but it's also a fact (a real fact) that Weinstein is responsible for some of the most bloodies films out there, including "Inglourious Basterds," "Pulp Fiction," "Piranha 3D," and the "Kill Bill" films. This is something the filmmaker has struggled with.

"I've been involved with violent movies, and then I've said at a certain point, 'I can't take it anymore. Please cut it,'" he explained. "You know, you've got to respect the filmmaker, and it's a really tough issue."

Weinstein is currently hard at work on "Django Unchained," "Sin City 2," and "Halloween 3."

Read more: http://worstpreviews.com/#ixzz21rL5Guhy
Shakelford, J. Rusty
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 532
HorrorBid is a "fan drivin" horror site which includes articles that are written by you the fans. Because of this some stories may have incorrect sourcing or other issues. If you have any concern about a post, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

New postby lameo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:11 am

this article is complete nonsense. violence was around way before movies were ever invented. some people just dont have the common sense to know its just a film, and not actual real life. Violence is needed in some films to give them full effect. I love seeing films pushed to the boundary lines of cinema.
lameo
New User:
New User:

Headlines: 0
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Splatter
Favorite Quote: Mouth to Anus.

Re: Harvey Weinstein States He Wants to End Violence in Movies - HALLOWEEN 3D Effected?

New postby Moon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:49 am

Lame..I watch tons of the violent movies he produced, and I have never done anything violent. Millions of people watch violent movies, yet, never do anything violent. What a hypocrit. He is speaking out against violence in films, but I bet he will be happy to get the millions of dollars from Django Unchained, Sin City 2, and Halloween 3.. I am going to see those movies, because I love Tarantino's films, all the Halloween films ( except Halloween Reserrection and H20), and I liked the first Sin City..I only wish the Weinsteins weren't getting a penny from my movie tickets.
Moon
Stalker:
Stalker:

New postby joshk1986 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:07 am

This is simply championing the ridiculous notion of not taking responsibility of your own actions. Anytime a tragedy such as the Dark Knight shootings or the Columbine massacre happens, what's the first thing that comes out in the news? It's that "the shooter loved horror movies" or "one of the killers listened to heavy metal" or "the man was said to count Friday the 13th as his favourite movie" and straight away the spotlight is cast on the films and music.

Take some fucking responsibility! This guy that shot these poor people in the cinema didn't do it because he saw "The Dark Knight" and decided to become the Joker! He did it because he is insane and/or evil.
joshk1986
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Headlines: 3
Relationship: In Relationship
Favorite Sub-Genre: Slasher
Favorite Quote: Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?

New postby UberJason78 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 am

It's sad that because of a shooting in a theatre ( a Batman-movie, not even an slasher this time) can f**ck up a Weinstein. Sorry to be this harsch, but that's not the answer to stop the violence, caused by a sicko. Don't let the movies be adjust to that.
It's not the movie that kills people, it's a person who does that. And if you can buy weapons on your streetcorner, that's just giving the sick people an easier way to give in to their fantasies, that eventually will be fatal to who ever.
UberJason78
Psychopath:
Psychopath:

Relationship: Single
Favorite Quote: Shut your hole honey, mine's making money

New postby aceofspades70 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:40 am

I'm with you guys, this is complete bullshit. Stop violence in movies? My ass. You might as well quit making action films, thrillers, and...horror films, no I don't think so. Violence is a part of life unfortunately. The movies don't make people commit crimes, peoples own ignorance does.

Let's see here..."Man Who Frequents Horror Forum Commits Real Life Crime".

Nope, haven't heard that about any of you guys, or any other person on any other forum, and horror films are usually the most violent to begin with.

You know, for some of us...horror movies probably help keep us sane.
aceofspades70
Maniac:
Maniac:

Headlines: 32

New postby creephouse » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:07 pm

I call bullshit. Maybe it's just time for WHINE-stein to get out of the business. The shooting happened. We have to accept that and move one. The guy that did it was an attention-deprived coward. He's gotten all the attention that he knew he would get, and it's time to stop giving him more of the attention he wants. There's nothing to really say about this that doesn't make me sound 'insensitive', so I'll just say that this is complete bullshit and maybe Weinstein needs to let Halloween out of his claws. He's had his hayday, now it's time for him to retire and move to a remote island with a very low violence level. Meanwhile, someone who actually knows a thing or two about film production can move along with the next Halloween film.
creephouse
Stalker:
Stalker:

Headlines: 2
Next

Return to July/2012